Introducing Laser Therapy –
Mid Atlantic Cat Hospital is excited to offer our clients Companion Laser Therapy. Laser therapy provides a non-invasive, pain-free, surgery-free, drug-free treatment which can be used to treat a variety of conditions and can be performed in conjunction with existing treatment protocols. Relief and/or improvement is often noticed within hours depending on the condition and your pet’s response. Whether your pet is rehabilitating from trauma or injury, healing from wounds or surgery, or simply aging, your companion can benefit from this innovative approach to treating pain.
Laser Therapy Reduces Pain and Speeds Healing
Applications for laser therapy include:
- Treatment of arthritis, degenerative joint disease, or hip dysplasia
- General pain management (sprains, strains, and stiffness)
- Post-surgery (spays, neuters, dental extractions, and other surgeries)
- Skin problems (hot spots, eosinophilic granulomas, infections)
- Dental procedures
- Fractures and wounds (bites, abrasions, and lesions)
How does it work?
Laser therapy stimulates the body to heal from within. Non-thermal photons of light are administered to the body and absorbed by the injured cells. The cells are then stimulated and response with a higher rate of metabolism. This results in relief from pain, increased circulation, reduced inflammation, and an acceleration of the healing process.
What are the signs that my pet can benefit from Companion Laser Therapy?
Many of our laser therapy patients are older animals with musculoskeletal ailments.
Some signs that your senior companion is experiencing pain or discomfort are:
- Abnormal sitting or lying posture
- Circling multiple times before lying down
- Whining, groaning, or other vocalizations
- Limping, unable to get up or lie down
- Difficulty getting downstairs
- Lack of grooming
- Licking or biting area
- Lack of appetite